Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Thank you Dad

Dear Dad:

I just want to thank you for everything you have taught me over the years. When I was young I feared you, you seemed like such a powerful big man. Now, I'm in awe of you. You have such an amazing outlook on life. As a young husband and father, you worked hard to get where you are today. Thank you for always working 2 jobs until your heart attack, and giving me and Stacey everything we always wanted; a new car at 16, trips every summer!

Thank for you teaching me how important family is. You have always put us first and you have always been there for me when I needed you the most but was afraid to admit it. There have been many times in my life that I wouldn't have made it through if it weren't for you.

Most of all, thank you for your strength. After being diagnosed with stomach cancer last fall, you made a choice, a choice to live. You knew there were things left in life that you wanted to accomplish, places you wanted to go. In this last few months you have endured more than one person should. Three excruciating months of chemotherapy, a major operation in which they had to remove your whole stomach, spleen and part of your pancreas. You bounced back from that, and now you still face another 2 months of radiation. Most would have given up, but you just say "hey this is what I have to do, there's no other alternative for me".

Thank you dad for the amazing life that you have given me and thank you for being an amazing father. I love you.


No comments: