Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My latest layout


I just got this layout finished last night. I used Pencil Lines latest sketch, and completed this challenge from Scrapping the music. I've never completed any of their challenges before, but I've been reading the blog for a couple months now. Overall I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

In non-scrap news, my dad just got home from the hospital last night. He had his stomach removed 2/25/08 because of stomach cancer. He has really made a remarkable recovery from this very intense surgery. Now, he just needs to learn a whole new way of eating. He needs to eat 6 small meals a day, instead of 3. Just like the people who have the gastric bypasses. They were able to make a stomach out of his small bowel, but obviously, it's much smaller than a normal stomach. Once he completely recovers from this surgery, he needs to have one more round of chemo. He's been through so much in the last 6 months, and it just amazes me how strong and positive he has stayed throughout this time. I really believe that is the reason he has done so well. He tells us he has too much left that he wants to do in his life, and he's not going to let this stop him. And I really do believe that he will fight this and win!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great layout for STM! So glad you participated!
Glad to hear that your father has a positive outlook on his cancer. My father also had cancer and he was very upbeat & never complained. Remember laughter is the best medicine for family members when you are together!
take care

wendipooh13 said...

what a great page, glad to see that you started your blog here, congrats!!!
Soooo sorry to hear about your dad, I can only imagine how hard that is. But I love your postitive attitude it makes all the difference!!!

Melonie said...

So sorry about your Dad Tammy but I am glad he is staying positive. (((HUGS))) to all of you.

Christiane said...

thanks for playing along!! love your page for *STM*. and i'm wishing you all my best for your dad!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wonderful page. So sorry to hear about your dad, but wow, does it sound like he has a positive outlook and attitude! Good for him! He sounds amazing!